w tym serwisie
Szukaj w polskim internecie
  Ustanow jako startow± Dodaj do ulubionych Napisz do mnie



ksiega gosci





osob± na stronie



  Zagłosuj na stronkę w The Offspring Polish Top Sites  

Je¶li możesz oczywi¶cie :)


> > > 6 Października 1999 < < <

Date: 10/6/99
From: Noodles
Orange County, CA.


Yes, we are home now for almost the whole month. This will be our longest break this year. Next month we head back out to finish up the year, touring all the places we haven't been to yet. But first let's back track a bit. The rest of the Japanese tour was awesome. Both the fans and everyone that we work with there took really good care of us. They always do. After the typhoon in Fukuoka, we flew to Tokyo for two of our biggest shows ever in Japan. The venue was the Tokyo Bay NK Hall and I think they normally hold Sumo wrestling matches there. On the first night we got into a little trouble when Dexter hosed down some stuff he wasn't supposed to with the water cannon. They told us we weren't allowed to use it the second night. We did it anyway and it all worked out. Nothing got wrecked, no one got hurt, and the owner of the hall didn't try to have us arrested. We appreciated that. Both those shows went really well and the audience went nuts the whole time.

The next night was an off night so the promoter and the label took the band and crew out to dinner. It was a traditional Japanese meal served on a boat in the middle of the bay. We all got drunk on beer, sake, and even some whiskey. The food was great and the karaoke singing was hilarious. The highlights were Al (Japanese Lighting tech.) singing "Smoking in the Boys Room," Donny (guitar tech/nude model) singing "Funky Cold Medina," and George (stage soundman) and Hiro (label rep.) singing a duet of "Like a Virgin." It was absolutely one of the most ridiculous events I have ever witnessed. It was also a lot of fun.

The next show was in Nagoya, which meant that we all woke up hung over and immediately boarded a two hour train. The trains in Japan are actually pretty cool. Travelling by train is pretty relaxing compared to flying commercially. When we got to Nagoya we went to the venue and had a few hours to chill out before the show. Those of us in the band were heading back to Tokyo right after the show, but the crew had to stay in Nagoya over night to deal with all the gear, so before the show Dexter borrowed George's room to chill in. George gave Dexter his key and laughed and said, "Don't forget to trash my room." Big Mistake. Dexter took George at his word and made a mess of his room. First, he ordered an 80$ bottle of Jack Daniel's and charged it to the room, then he rearranged the place, trying not to do any permanent damage. All the furniture was thrown around, the walls were graffitied, and trash was strewn throughout. Porn was ordered and left on the TV and the mattress was left up against the entry way. Dexter replaced the sanitary ring back on the toilet only after depositing a nice little present in it. Finally, Dexter put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and came down to the show. Fortunately George saw the humor in the situation, which is difficult I'm sure at 1:00 in the morning when you have a lobby call at 5:00. The show was a lot of fun too.

Before we left Japan, I decided to check out what our chat room was like. I'd never been in it before so I didn't really know what to expect. It was funny because most people didn't believe that it was actually me logged on as Noodles. One girl in Italy cussed me out and accused me of trying to be somebody cooler than I actually am. Well, guilty as charged, but it was actually me. Dexter and I logged on together a couple of days later and nobody would talk to us. I guess that none of you believe that we would actually go on our chat room but we really do. So next time don't cuss me out, okay?

Our last two shows were festivals in Australia, the first one being the Livid Festival in Brisbane. It was pretty cool to be able to see bands like Frenzal Rhomb and 22 Jacks play. Steve from 22 Jacks was in a band called The Adolescents back in the early days of O.C. punkdom. If you've never heard of Frenzal Rhomb, they are from Australia, but have released some stuff on Fat Wreck Chords. Both of these bands are great, so check them out. During our set that night we were joined on stage by Butch Vig of Garbage, who helped us out on the percussion parts of "I Choose." The next night we were joined by Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters, playing the same parts and more. Both of these guys are hugely influential to us and it was a thrill to see them up there. The night Dave joined us was at a festival in the Glenworth Valley about an hour outside of Sydney. This show was just pure fun, as it was the last day of the tour and it felt kind of like the last day of school.

After the typhoon, there were no more major natural catastrophes for us to brush up against, but we did come pretty close to one of the biggest man-made disasters of recent history. The day we left Japan, they had a big radiation leak a couple of hundred kilometers outside of Tokyo. Apparently some radioactive fuel was being mixed at a plant there, they put in too much uranium, and it went critical. The worst part was that no one there knew how to handle the problem, and a lot of people were exposed to serious amounts of radiation. A few people were in critical condition. This kind of stuff just keeps following us around.

All in all, this was a really great tour, but I sure am glad to be home. We still have a lot going on though, so I'll keep ya all up on it. Until then,


  do góry  
  - Powrót do noodles-journalist -